Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Xavier's 4th Month

This month was the best!  Mommy had 3 weeks off school and spent almost the whole time with me!  I learned how to roll from my tummy to my back.  I'm trying to roll from my back to my tummy, but can't quite make it over.  I helped Daddy put my new crib, dresser, and changing table together.  Then I went shopping with Mommy and helped her pick out the sheets and blanket I liked best.  I still sleep in my bassinet in Mommy and Daddy's room at night, but I've started taking some of my naps in my crib.  They say that I have to get used to it, because once I finally master rolling from my back to my tummy, I will no longer have a choice.  I also went house hunting with Mommy and Daddy this month.  We looked at a bunch of houses.  There were some I liked, but so far we haven't found the one for us.  Pretty soon we will live in a house with a yard I can play in... I can't wait!  My favorite thing that happened this month was when we went to court to finalize my adoption.  Now my name can appear on my birth certificate and Mommy and Daddy are "legally" my forever family (as if anyone could have ever taken me away from them).  I continue to grow and eat and play and eat and sleep and eat.  I am a healthy 17 pounds and 26 inches.  The doctor says that puts me in the 90-95th percentile.

April 9th: I'm 4 months old today.

April 5th: Uncle Dan & Auntie Linda moved all the way from California just to be closer to me!


April 4th: My friends Evelyn & Carter came to visit.

April 3rd

April 2nd: OOO-RA, Semper Fi!

March 30th

March 26th: My Adoption Day!  This is me with my Daddy, Mommy, and the Judge who said we would be a "Forever Family".


March 23rd: I rolled from my tummy to my back today! Can you tell how excited I am? You can't hear it, but I'm squealing in this picture.

March 22nd

March 20th

March 18th: Mommy and me

March 17th: My first nap in my new crib.  When Mommy came into check on me, she saw my face smooshed against the rails and my arm sticking out.  She said that she is going to have to buy me those new mesh breathable bumpers.

March 16th: Lovin' my new crib... 


March 14th

March 13th

March 12th: Playing on my new activity mat.

1 comment:

Tony and Rett said...

I can't STAND that I haven't gotten to hold you!!!! :( Xavier, you are just TOOO stinkin' cute! How do you feel about marrying an older woman? I've got TWO, you can have your choice! :)

You guys look like such a happy family! Congratulations on becoming "officially" a forever family. I know you were "official" in your hearts long ago!